Special HC releases ‘Ali Roshan’
The Special High Court today said that it had no jurisdiction to hear the case of Nirad Roshan alias ‘Ali Roshan’ who possessed four elephants without a valid license and thus ordered to release Ali Roshan and six others.
The Attorney General earlier filed indictments against the accused based on 24 counts over the alleged offences under the Fauna and Flora Ordinance and the Penal Code.
‘Ali Roshan’ was arrested by the Criminal Investigation Department (CID) on September 7th, 2018.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s acting finance minister says positive progress in securing second IMF tranche September 29, 2023
- Sri Lanka Navy seizes Kerala cannabis worth over Rs. 33 million in Karainagar September 29, 2023
- Some Sri Lanka creditors seeking debt restructuring deal without China September 29, 2023
- SriLankan Airlines partners with Virgin Australia September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to launch campaigns to attract 1.5 million tourists – proposal to create non-sleeping cities September 28, 2023