Sports Minister bars Thilanga from holding any position at Sri Lanka Cricket
Posted in Local News
Sports Minister Harin Fernando has issued a special directive preventing former SLC President Thilanga Sumathipala from holding any position at Sri Lanka Cricket (SLC).
The Sports Minister has made this directive in terms of Section 39(3) of the Sports Law.
He has also appointed a three-member committee to probe a complaint lodged by the Piliyandala Town Sports Club on August 30 against former SLC President and report him within a period of one month on whether former SLC President is disqualified from functioning an office bearer at the SLC.
- Sri Lanka records lowest tourism monthly income of US$ 132 Million in May June 5, 2023
- JVP asks public not to be distracted by circuses June 5, 2023
- Litro LP Gas prices in Sri Lanka reduced from today (June 04) June 4, 2023
- Odisha train collision: Sri Lanka President expresses deep sorrow, assures support June 4, 2023
- Corporal’s bravery in Ududumbara commended by the Sri Lanka Army Commander June 3, 2023
- Price of Litro gas to be reduced by Rs. 350? June 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
Sumathipala already done the damage to Sri Lankan Cricket. Too late Hiran. Horse already ran away from the stable. No need to close the doors now.
you are rite Mr.Amarakoon but we should give credit to the minister for taking this action so that in the future of Sri-Lankan sports there will not be any Bookies running the show