Sri Lanka announces Maximum retail price for eggs by weight
An Extraordinary Gazette notification (2328/05) was issued yesterday (April 19) by the Sri Lanka’s Consumer Affairs Authority (CAA) announcing the maximum retail price for eggs by weight, with effect from today (April 20).
Accordingly, the maximum retail price for a kilogram of white eggs is Rs. 880 while the maximum retail price for a kilogram of brown eggs is Rs. 920.
The Consumer Affairs Authority thereby orders that no Manufacturer, Producer, Supplier, Distributor or Trader shall sell, supply, expose or offer for sale, display for sale the above items, exceeding the Maximum Retail Price given.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s acting finance minister says positive progress in securing second IMF tranche September 29, 2023
- Sri Lanka Navy seizes Kerala cannabis worth over Rs. 33 million in Karainagar September 29, 2023
- Some Sri Lanka creditors seeking debt restructuring deal without China September 29, 2023
- SriLankan Airlines partners with Virgin Australia September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to launch campaigns to attract 1.5 million tourists – proposal to create non-sleeping cities September 28, 2023