Sri Lanka begins system to issue e-bills for water
Sri Lanka will begin issuing e-bills for water across selected areas of the country today (October 01).
The first phase of the system will be implemented across Colombo South, Kandy South, Trincomalee and Polonnaruwa, Assistant General Manager of the National Water Supply and Drainage Board (NWSDB) Piyal Pathmanatha said.
To register, you need to send an SMS with your water bill account number to 0719 39 99 99.
The system will be implemented island-wide from January 01, 2024, Piyal Pathmanatha said.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- DIG Nalaka de Silva released from case over alleged VIP assassination plot December 6, 2023
- Pressure grows on UK over British Museum treasures as Netherlands returns major colonial artefacts December 6, 2023
- Police officer takes his own life at Peliyagoda Interchange of Katunayake Expressway December 6, 2023
- Sagala asks officials about progress of Beira Lake Development Project December 6, 2023
- Sri Lanka to receive about $600 million ADB funding post-IMF approval – official December 6, 2023