Sri Lanka Customs officers seize ‘Kush’ cannabis worth over Rs. 16 million
A Parcel containing 1kg 98g Kush cannabis smuggled into the country with an estimated value of Rs. 16.47 million, has been impounded by the Sri Lanka Customs officers.
According to Customs Director Seevali Arukgoda, the parcel had been shipped from Belgium in a container addressed to a location in Wennappuwa.
The contraband will be handed over to the Police Narcotics Bureau (PNB) for onward investigations.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka issues its first digitized national birth certificate December 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Defence Ministry refutes reports of ‘lavish spending’ for entertaining military heads December 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka moving towards social revolution – Anura December 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka needs US $ 1.4 trillion additional investment to realise SDGs by 2030: IPS study December 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Sports Minister appoints new National Sports Council December 4, 2023