Sri Lanka decided to list Wheat flour under ‘specified goods’
Wheat flour has been listed under the category of ‘specified goods’ with effect from midnight on June 16, 2023 by way of an Extraordinary Gazette notification issued by the Minister of Trade, Nalin Fernando.
This step has been taken as wheat flour is an essential commodity for the people.
This has been prescribed under Section 18 of the Consumer Affairs Authority Act No. 09 of 2003 (Amended).
Meanwhile, Liquefied Petroleum (LP) gas, which was included as a specified good by way of a Gazette published on 08 July 022, will be excluded from the list of Specified Goods.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Hearing of Danushka Gunathilaka’s case concludes, verdict to be delivered next week September 21, 2023
- IMF chief Kristalina and Sri Lanka President Ranil discuss ongoing reforms and debt restructuring efforts September 21, 2023
- Two killed, two injured in shooting at Avissawella September 21, 2023
- Batticaloa Campus returned to Hizbullah September 20, 2023
- Dasun Shanaka to remain Captain for ICC World Cup 2023 September 20, 2023