Sri Lanka decides to increase Fuel quota from June, 2023
Posted in Local News
Fuel quota currently allowed on the National Fuel Pass (QR system) in Sri Lanka will be increased from next month (June), the Power and Energy Minister Kanchana Wijesekara said.
Posting on Twitter, the Energy Minister revealed that the current quota will be increased, for all vehicles, from the fuel price revision scheduled to take place in June.
He said the decision was taken at the meeting held yesterday (May 25) afternoon with the Ceylon Petroleum Corporation (CEYPETCO) finance, commercial and marketing divisions.
He said the CEYPETCO cargo plan, finances and distribution plans were also reviewed during the meeting.
- Chinese reaffirms support for Sri Lanka’s economic recovery May 31, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Central Bank to hold rates as inflation stays high May 31, 2023
- Sri Lanka to initiate new online passport application system May 30, 2023
- India extends USD 1 Billion Credit Line for Sri Lanka until March 2024 May 30, 2023
- Cabinet approves resume of the Colombo Light Rail Transit project May 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to implement strict law enforcement against religious disharmony May 30, 2023
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023