Sri Lanka decides to increase Fuel quota from June, 2023
Fuel quota currently allowed on the National Fuel Pass (QR system) in Sri Lanka will be increased from next month (June), the Power and Energy Minister Kanchana Wijesekara said.
Posting on Twitter, the Energy Minister revealed that the current quota will be increased, for all vehicles, from the fuel price revision scheduled to take place in June.
He said the decision was taken at the meeting held yesterday (May 25) afternoon with the Ceylon Petroleum Corporation (CEYPETCO) finance, commercial and marketing divisions.
He said the CEYPETCO cargo plan, finances and distribution plans were also reviewed during the meeting.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Asian Games 2023: India women bag Gold medal in cricket September 25, 2023
- Sachithra Senanayake granted bail September 25, 2023
- Wanindu Hasaranga likely to miss ICC World Cup due to hamstring injury – report September 25, 2023
- Sri Lanka receives USD 890,000 interim compensation for damages by X-Press Pearl September 24, 2023
- Sri Lanka pays off $200 million loan from Bangladesh with $4.5 million interest September 24, 2023