Sri Lanka donates a consignment of tea to Pakistan flood victims
The Government of Sri Lanka has donated a consignment of Ceylon Tea to the flood victims of Pakistan following the devastating flash floods in recent weeks.
The Minister of Foreign Affairs Ali Sabry during the handing over of the consignment of tea to the High Commissioner of Pakistan Umar Farooq Burki on 5 Septemberat the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, expressed sympathies to the families of victims, those injured and affected by the floods.
He also conveyed the support and solidarity of the Government and people of Sri Lanka with Pakistan, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs said today.
Senior officials of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the High Commission of Pakistan were also present on the occasion.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Keheliya Rambukwella further remanded until March 14, 2024 February 29, 2024
- Supreme Court invalidates Cabinet decision granting Paget road residence to Maithripala Sirisena February 29, 2024
- Nagananda Kodituwakku barred from practicing as Attorney-at-Law February 29, 2024
- Sri Lanka President highlights country’s Indian ocean security commitment at Pathfinder Conference February 29, 2024
- 36 persons injured in a bus accident in Monaragala February 29, 2024