Sri Lanka Government granted approval to increase electricity tariff
Posted in Local News
Sri Lanka’s Cabinet of Ministers today (January 09) granted approval to increase the electricity tariff.
According to sources, the tariff hike will be reviewed by a committee until the 15th of February, and measures will be taken to reduce the tariff, if there is a possibility.
The Chairman of the Public Utilities Commission of Sri Lanka (PUCSL) said that a proposal to amend the electricity tariff was received today (January 09) evening.
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka unexpectedly cuts rates by 250 bps as inflation eases June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s key inflation rate eases to 25.2% in May June 1, 2023
- Fuel prices revised in Sri Lanka May 31, 2023