Sri Lanka Government granted approval to increase electricity tariff
Sri Lanka’s Cabinet of Ministers today (January 09) granted approval to increase the electricity tariff.
According to sources, the tariff hike will be reviewed by a committee until the 15th of February, and measures will be taken to reduce the tariff, if there is a possibility.
The Chairman of the Public Utilities Commission of Sri Lanka (PUCSL) said that a proposal to amend the electricity tariff was received today (January 09) evening.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka President appoints Deshabandu Tennakoon as acting IGP November 29, 2023
- Creditor nations likely to agree on Sri Lanka debt restructuring – report November 29, 2023
- Netherlands returns six looted colonial-era artefacts to Sri Lanka November 29, 2023
- Sri Lanka needs $100 billion to become net zero emitter by 2040, president says November 29, 2023
- 40 Government hospitals in Sri Lanka closed and another 100 about to close November 28, 2023