Sri Lanka may miss Dilshan in World T20
Sri Lanka may have to face the World T20 tournament without the services of Thilakaratne Dilshan as the veteran opening batsman is still recovering from his finger injury which he suffered during the one-day series in Bangladesh.
Chairman of selectors, Sanath Jayasuriya said Dilshan’s finger injury had not fully healed.
“He will be making the tour as a member of the squad”, Jayasuriya said.
Asked how Sri Lanka would cope if Dilshan is eventually forced out, Jayasuriya said Lahiru Thirimanna, who scored a century in last week’s Asia Cup final and the veteran batsman Mahela Jayawardene would be the fall back options.
Sri Lanka’s T20 skipper Dinesh Chandimal said that Sri Lanka’s recent extended time spent in Bangladesh would come in good stead in the T20.
“We know things like when the dew sets in so prior taste of the conditions in Bangladesh would be to our advantage”, Chandimal said.
Sri Lanka spent extended time in Bangladesh since end January.
They played a two-Test series, a three-match ODI and T20 series before winning the Asia Cup. (Times of India)
- Police secures court order to block NPP protest planned for today June 8, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka to face rape trial in Australia June 8, 2023
- Digital Promotion Agency to be established for introducing new App to collect data of public sector – President June 8, 2023
- SriLankan CEO believes ‘worst is over’, expects $50 Million profit next year June 7, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s official reserve assets increase by 26.2% in May June 7, 2023