Sri Lanka not eligible to participate in Olympic 2024 & U23 Asian Cup qualifiers – FIFA
FIFA has informed the Football Federation of Sri Lanka (FFSL) that Sri Lanka’s men’s national football team is not eligible to participate in Men’s Olympic Tournament 2024 – Asian Qualifiers and the U-23 Asian Cup Qatar 2024 Qualifiers due to the suspension of the FFSL.
FIFA suspended the Football Federation of Sri Lanka with effect from 21st of January 2023 until further notice.
The FIFA Secretary General Fatma Samoura said the Football Federation of Sri Lanka is suspended in accordance with article 16 of the FIFA Statutes.
FIFA claimed the FFSL was suspended due to undue interference by a third party in accordance with the FIFA Statutes.
Accordingly, local authorities, national teams and clubs have been banned from taking part in competitions organized by FIFA.
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar May 31, 2023
- Chinese reaffirms support for Sri Lanka’s economic recovery May 31, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Central Bank to hold rates as inflation stays high May 31, 2023
- Sri Lanka to initiate new online passport application system May 30, 2023
- India extends USD 1 Billion Credit Line for Sri Lanka until March 2024 May 30, 2023
- Cabinet approves resume of the Colombo Light Rail Transit project May 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to implement strict law enforcement against religious disharmony May 30, 2023
Even SL participates in the qualifying round for Men’s Olympic Tournament 2024 – Asian Qualifiers and the U-23 Asian Cup Qatar 2024 Qualifiers they will never beat any country.So, better stay at home and play GUDU.