Sri Lanka’s Printing Department stopped Local Government election-related printing
Sri Lanka’s Department of Government Printing has stopped all printing processes related to the 2023 Local Government (LG) election.
Government Printer Gangani Kalpana Liyanage said the decision was taken due to the required funds not being released by the Treasury.
However, So far, postal ballots and other related documents have been printed at a cost of Rs. 50 million, Government Printer said, adding that the Treasury is yet to release any funds.
As a result of this, the department is unable to pay the allowances of over 200 employees as well.
Government Printer Gangani Kalpana Liyanage has made several written requests to the Treasury in this regard thus far, and is due to remind the Treasury of the matter soon.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Nightlife will play a vital role in Sri Lanka’s economic growth and tourist experience February 23, 2024
- Moon landing today: US clinches first touchdown in 50 years February 23, 2024
- Johnston Fernando requests immediate probe into Sanath Nishantha’s death February 22, 2024
- CEB Spokesman Noel Priyantha resigns over controversial remarks February 22, 2024
- Sri Lanka settles US$ 20 million Iranian oil debt with tea February 22, 2024