Sri Lanka’s Printing Department stopped Local Government election-related printing
Sri Lanka’s Department of Government Printing has stopped all printing processes related to the 2023 Local Government (LG) election.
Government Printer Gangani Kalpana Liyanage said the decision was taken due to the required funds not being released by the Treasury.
However, So far, postal ballots and other related documents have been printed at a cost of Rs. 50 million, Government Printer said, adding that the Treasury is yet to release any funds.
As a result of this, the department is unable to pay the allowances of over 200 employees as well.
Government Printer Gangani Kalpana Liyanage has made several written requests to the Treasury in this regard thus far, and is due to remind the Treasury of the matter soon.
- Sri Lanka to initiate new online passport application system May 30, 2023
- India extends USD 1 Billion Credit Line for Sri Lanka until March 2024 May 30, 2023
- Cabinet approves resume of the Colombo Light Rail Transit project May 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to implement strict law enforcement against religious disharmony May 30, 2023
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023
- ADB approves $350 Million for Sri Lanka economic stabilization programme May 29, 2023
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023