Sri Lanka Police obtain court order on protesters in Colombo
The Fort Magistrate’s Court has issued an order against protestors from entering several roads in Colombo tomorrow (May 28).
This court order was obtained by the Colombo Fort Police.
Accordingly, protestors are not permitted to enter York Street, Janadhipathi Mawatha, Bank of Ceylon Mawatha, Chatham Street in Colombo.
In addition they are not allowed to forcibly enter or cause damage to any public institution and official residences located within the Fort Police Jurisdiction, or obstruct the duties of officers in the area.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka to launch campaigns to attract 1.5 million tourists – proposal to create non-sleeping cities September 28, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka found not guilty of sexual intercourse without consent September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Ministry of Defence announces updates to licensing conditions for private security agencies September 27, 2023
- Despite signs of stabilization, full economic recovery not yet assured – IMF Mission September 27, 2023
- Sri Lankan President leaves for Germany September 27, 2023