Sri Lanka Police to launch special operation to curb underworld activities
Posted in Local News
Sri Lanka’s Ministry of Public Security said that the Police launched a special operation from today (August 27) to crackdown on underworld criminal activities as many shooting incidents were reported and rise of underworld activities in the country.
This decision was taken during a meeting chaired by Public Security Minister Tiran Alas yesterday (August 26).
IGP, SDIGs of Western and Southern Provinces, Terrorism Investigation Division (TID), Criminal Investigation Department, the Commandant of the Police Special Task Force and several senior police officers reportedly attended the discussion.
- Sri Lanka relaxes import restrictions on over 300 items June 10, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to go ahead with privatising SLT despite ‘NO’ from S.O.C. on National Security June 10, 2023
- Seven Police Narcotics Bureau officers arrested over death of vocational trainer in custody June 9, 2023
- Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security recommends not to privatise Sri Lanka Telecom June 9, 2023
- Sarath Fonseka resigns from Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security June 9, 2023
There will be a time soon the citizens go begging for white vans.
Bloody monks and priests running around for months to change the governments with their tails up must be really scared shXXt even to utter a word. What hypocrisy!!!!
Bring on a THOROUGH CLEAN UP! It should be no different to like in 2005 – 2008 era when the country was saturated with heinous criminals, criminals who would gladly sell their mother for gain, yes except these vile underworld criminals, for huge gains at that, facilitated LTTE ‘safe houses’ in Colombo and environs, which made it all the more easy for LTTE terrorists to carry out mass bombings of civilian “soft targets” (i.e. supermarkets, buses, trains, office buildings, etc etc.). Yup, once that THOROUGH CLEAN UP was done, one day we all woke up to – NO more bombs in the city!