Sri Lanka President prorogues Parliament
Sri Lankan President Ranil Wickremesinghe has decided to prorogue Parliament with effect from midnight today (July 28).
According to the extraordinary gazette notification issued by Secretary to the President Saman Ekanayake, the new Parliament session will begin at 10:30 AM on the 03rd of August 2022.
The directive has been issued by the President in terms of powers vested in him through Article 70 of the Constitution.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka moving towards social revolution – Anura December 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka needs US $ 1.4 trillion additional investment to realise SDGs by 2030: IPS study December 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Sports Minister appoints new National Sports Council December 4, 2023
- ‘We quit our stressful public sector jobs to earn £150 a month in Sri Lanka’ December 4, 2023
- Suminda Sirisena passes away December 4, 2023