Sri Lanka relaxes import restrictions on over 300 items
Sri Lanka Government has issued a gazette notification relaxing the import restrictions imposed on more than 300 items effective from June 09, 2023.
The communiqué was issued by Sri Lankan President Ranil Wickremesinghe, in his capacity as the Minister of Finance, Economic Stabilization & National Policies, pursuant to the powers vested in him under the Imports and Exports (Control) Act No. 01 of 1969.
This gazette notification, published on the Treasury website, further amends the regulations published in the Gazette Extraordinary No. 2312/78 dated January 01, 2023.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s Nadeesha Dilhani Lekamge wins Asian Games athletics medal after 17 years October 3, 2023
- World Bank boosts Sri Lanka economic forecasts after inflation progress October 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka President slams western media, says no to international probe October 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka Bondholder Lawsuit Should Be Put on Hold, U.S. Says October 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka to launch new vehicle revenue license system (eRL 2.0) on October 7 October 3, 2023