Sri Lanka sees rise in workers’ remittances in November 2022
Sri Lanka workers’ remittances have increased to US$ 384.4 million in November 2022, the Central Bank of Sri Lanka (CBSL) said.
Accordingly, the cumulative figure for the first eleven months of the year (January – November) is reported as US$ 3,313.9 million.
Sri Lanka had observed an increase of 12% in workers’ remittances in October 2022 compared to the inflows recorded in October 2021.
According to the statistics by CBSL, worker remittances had increased to US$ 355.4 million in October 2022 from US$ 317.4 in September 2022.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s Agriculture Minister explores opportunities to export eggs and chicken September 23, 2023
- Stability should not come at the sacrifice of values of freedom of expression: U.S. Ambassador September 23, 2023
- Sri Lanka imports test kits to detect Nipah virus September 22, 2023
- Import tax on powdered milk increased September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President’s robust economic development program leads to 62.1% drop in inflation – Minister September 22, 2023