Sri Lanka signs Rs. 61.5 billion Term Facility with China Development Bank
The Government of Sri Lanka and the China Development Bank have entered into an agreement of RMB 2 billion – approximately Rs. 61.5 billion term Facility today (August 17), the Chinese Embassy in Colombo announced.
The Chinese Embassy in Colombo taking to Twitter said the agreement was signed on a request from Sri Lanka.
The Embassy stated the agreement was penned in order to support the country’s COVID-19 response, economic revival, financial stability and livelihood betterment.
China Development Bank and Sri Lankan Government has entered into an agreement of RMB 2 Billion (approx LKR 61.5 Billion) Term Facility today (17 Aug), upon a request from 🇱🇰 side to support its #COVID19 response, economic revival, financial stability and livelihood betterment. pic.twitter.com/ehkvWGfXzz
— Chinese Embassy in Sri Lanka (@ChinaEmbSL) August 17, 2021
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Hearing of Danushka Gunathilaka’s case concludes, verdict to be delivered next week September 21, 2023
- IMF chief Kristalina and Sri Lanka President Ranil discuss ongoing reforms and debt restructuring efforts September 21, 2023
- Two killed, two injured in shooting at Avissawella September 21, 2023
- Batticaloa Campus returned to Hizbullah September 20, 2023
- Dasun Shanaka to remain Captain for ICC World Cup 2023 September 20, 2023