Sri Lanka to implement death penalty on drug traffickers
Posted in Local News
The Cabinet of Ministers yesterday unanimously decided to carry out the death sentence on those who are convicted on drug charges, Buddhasasana Minister Gamini Jayawickrama Perera said. The Minister said further that President Maithripala Sirisena instructed Justice and Prison Reforms Minister Thalatha Athukorale to take all relevant measures in that regard.
Speaking to the Media at the Ministry of Buddhasasana, he said the decision of implementing the death sentence could have been carried out during the past fifteen years.
- Police secures court order to block NPP protest planned for today June 8, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka to face rape trial in Australia June 8, 2023
- Digital Promotion Agency to be established for introducing new App to collect data of public sector – President June 8, 2023
- SriLankan CEO believes ‘worst is over’, expects $50 Million profit next year June 7, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s official reserve assets increase by 26.2% in May June 7, 2023
Not just the Trafficker on the road, first the big boss who imports the drugs.
What about the crocked politicians.
The big boss may be found among in the Presidential Secretariat