Sri Lanka to implement new electricity tariffs from January 01, 2023
The Sri Lanka Government is going to implement the amended electricity tariffs effective from January 01, 2023.
Accordingly, the revision is scheduled to be reviewed by the Public Utilities Commission of Sri Lanka (PUCSL) before February 15, Cabinet Spokesman Minister Bandula Gunawardena said.
Meanwhile, the Cabinet yesterday (January 09) granted approval to implement a cost reflective Electricity Tariff formula, based on which electricity tariffs are expected to increase.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka President appoints Deshabandu Tennakoon as acting IGP November 29, 2023
- Creditor nations likely to agree on Sri Lanka debt restructuring – report November 29, 2023
- Netherlands returns six looted colonial-era artefacts to Sri Lanka November 29, 2023
- Sri Lanka needs $100 billion to become net zero emitter by 2040, president says November 29, 2023
- 40 Government hospitals in Sri Lanka closed and another 100 about to close November 28, 2023