Sri Lanka to implement new electricity tariffs from January 01, 2023
Posted in Local News
The Sri Lanka Government is going to implement the amended electricity tariffs effective from January 01, 2023.
Accordingly, the revision is scheduled to be reviewed by the Public Utilities Commission of Sri Lanka (PUCSL) before February 15, Cabinet Spokesman Minister Bandula Gunawardena said.
Meanwhile, the Cabinet yesterday (January 09) granted approval to implement a cost reflective Electricity Tariff formula, based on which electricity tariffs are expected to increase.
- Seven Police Narcotics Bureau officers arrested over death of vocational trainer in custody June 9, 2023
- Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security recommends not to privatise Sri Lanka Telecom June 9, 2023
- Sarath Fonseka resigns from Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security June 9, 2023
- Sri Lanka must protect the right to freedom of expression June 9, 2023
- Five-year-old child found dead with cut injuries from a construction site in Mulleriyawa June 9, 2023