Sri Lanka to probe police officials releasing unauthorized information to media
Aug 26, Colombo: Sri Lanka Police Department has commenced an investigation on police officials who had given information to media regarding the arrest of the suspects of the National Museum robbery.
Certain police officers had given information to media regarding the arrest even before the police media spokesman announced them.
The rapid spread of news has given the chance to the main suspect to flee, the police authorities say. The news was released to media as soon as the first few suspects were arrested.
Police headquarters has reiterated the directive to all police officers to refrain from giving information to media.
Police media spokesman is the only authority of giving information to media, according to the directive and media has to go through him for specific information.
Source: Colombo Page
- Corporal’s bravery in Ududumbara commended by the Sri Lanka Army Commander June 3, 2023
- Price of Litro gas to be reduced by Rs. 350? June 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023