Sri Lanka to purchase 14 million doses of Astrazeneca, Sinopharm vaccines
Posted in Local News
The Cabinet of Ministers has granted the approval to purchase 14 million doses of Sinopharm vaccine and one million doses of Astrazeneca vaccine immediately.
The proposal to purchase relevant vaccines was tabled by the Minister of Health.
The Government plans to vaccinate 60% – 70% of the population by the end of this year.
“It is needed to supply the vaccines as soon as possible under the situation that there is no solution other than the inoculation to control the COVID-19 pandemic,” the Government said.
- Sri Lanka’s Central Bank warns general public over 8 pyramid-type schemes May 31, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar May 31, 2023
- Chinese reaffirms support for Sri Lanka’s economic recovery May 31, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Central Bank to hold rates as inflation stays high May 31, 2023
- Sri Lanka to initiate new online passport application system May 30, 2023
- India extends USD 1 Billion Credit Line for Sri Lanka until March 2024 May 30, 2023
- Cabinet approves resume of the Colombo Light Rail Transit project May 30, 2023
Purchase from where?