Sri Lanka to reject latest ship with LP gas, says not up to standard – Sources
The latest ship that arrived in Colombo with liquefied petroleum (LP) gas for Litro does not comply with the required level of Ethyl mercaptan and may be rejected, sources said.
However, the Technical Committee is scheduled to meet this morning to make a final decision in this regard.
Sources said that in case the authorities reject the latest shipment, there would be a gas shortage in the country and because of that the Committee is to seek expert opinion whether to add the required level of Ethyl mercaptan to the stock and distribute it, sources added.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka pays off $200 million loan from Bangladesh with $4.5 million interest September 24, 2023
- Bar Association of Sri Lanka demands withdrawal of Anti-Terrorism and Online Safety Bills September 24, 2023
- Malaysian Police tracking down two Sri Lankan triple murder suspects September 23, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Agriculture Minister explores opportunities to export eggs and chicken September 23, 2023
- Stability should not come at the sacrifice of values of freedom of expression: U.S. Ambassador September 23, 2023