Sri Lanka to relax import restrictions imposed on vehicles used for public transport
The Government of Sri Lanka is going to relax import restrictions imposed for lorries, trucks and buses used for public transport.
A Gazette notification is expected to be issued this week regarding this matter, State Finance Minister Ranjith Siyambalapitiya said.
However, regarding the import of other vehicles, financial analysts say that the import of other vehicles will be further delayed considering the existing foreign exchange reserves.
They also emphasize that the exchange rate of the US Dollar could rise once again through the acceleration of vehicle imports.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Hearing of Danushka Gunathilaka’s case concludes, verdict to be delivered next week September 21, 2023
- IMF chief Kristalina and Sri Lanka President Ranil discuss ongoing reforms and debt restructuring efforts September 21, 2023
- Two killed, two injured in shooting at Avissawella September 21, 2023
- Batticaloa Campus returned to Hizbullah September 20, 2023
- Dasun Shanaka to remain Captain for ICC World Cup 2023 September 20, 2023