Sri Lanka to revise water tariffs every 6 months
Steps will be taken to revise water tariffs once every 6 months by introducing a price formula, the Ministry of Water Supply and Estate Infrastructure Development announced.
The price formula will be derived based on the costs of water treatment, such as electricity bills, and cost of chemical substances.
Secretary of the Ministry R. M. W. S. Samaradivakara added that the water tariff will be revised once every 6 months, according to these expenses.
Samaradivakara said that if the electricity tariff is reduced in the future, the water tariff may also be reduced.
Meanwhile, the water tariffs were increased to be effective from August 01, 2023.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sachithra Senanayake granted bail September 25, 2023
- Wanindu Hasaranga likely to miss ICC World Cup due to hamstring injury – report September 25, 2023
- Sri Lanka receives USD 890,000 interim compensation for damages by X-Press Pearl September 24, 2023
- Sri Lanka pays off $200 million loan from Bangladesh with $4.5 million interest September 24, 2023
- Bar Association of Sri Lanka demands withdrawal of Anti-Terrorism and Online Safety Bills September 24, 2023