Sri Lankan airlines reformation recommendation committee scheduled to report to the president today
The report compiled by the committee appointed to provide necessary recommendations for the reformation of Sri Lankan airlines is to be handed over to President Maithreepala Sirisena later today.
The committee , appointed on the 7th of January comprised of 12 members.
The committee recommendations include the required steps to minimize the losses incurred by Sri Lankan airlines and transform the airline into a profit-producing entity.
Meanwhile, the COPE report which was presented in parliament recently revealed that though Sri Lankan airlines has incurred major losses, 190 airline officials earn a monthly wage of over 1 million rupees.
(Source: Hiru News)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Hearing of Danushka Gunathilaka’s case concludes, verdict to be delivered next week September 21, 2023
- IMF chief Kristalina and Sri Lanka President Ranil discuss ongoing reforms and debt restructuring efforts September 21, 2023
- Two killed, two injured in shooting at Avissawella September 21, 2023
- Batticaloa Campus returned to Hizbullah September 20, 2023
- Dasun Shanaka to remain Captain for ICC World Cup 2023 September 20, 2023