Unitary state concept agreed by all parties – PM
Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesinghe says the government’s ability to create a common stance on the unitary state concept among all political parties was a major achievement.
Speaking during an event in Kalutara Prime Minister Wickremesinghe said none of the previous regimes were able to achieve this milestone.
The Prime Minister meanwhile rejected allegations that the government is attempting to divide the country.
Premier Wickremesinghe stressed it is not his responsibility to compile Constitutions claiming a two thirds majority should agree on the introduction of a Constitution.
The Prime Minister however said the government was able to derive solutions for many concerns through the means of discussions adding the government was able to eliminate the main political threat by persuading all parties to agree on the unitary state concept.
(Source: News Radio)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka to launch campaigns to attract 1.5 million tourists – proposal to create non-sleeping cities September 28, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka found not guilty of sexual intercourse without consent September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Ministry of Defence announces updates to licensing conditions for private security agencies September 27, 2023
- Despite signs of stabilization, full economic recovery not yet assured – IMF Mission September 27, 2023
- Sri Lankan President leaves for Germany September 27, 2023