Sri Lankan maid shot dead in Saudi, killer commits suicide
JEDDAH – A Sri Lankan woman was killed by gunfire in Saudi Arabia Saturday morning. A Saudi man who was accused of opening fire on the woman later committed suicide by shooting himself.
The dead woman was identified as a 42-year-old Sri Lankan who worked as a maid in the man’s household.
Her body was kept in hospital morgue in Al-Ras for further legal procedures, according to informed sources.
Police received information about the incident Saturday morning. They said the Saudi man killed the Sri Lankan maid inside his house in Buraidah with a hunting rifle.
The 30-year-old Saudi later shot himself with the same gun, said Lt. Badar Assahabani, spokesman for Qassim police in a statement.
He said based on preliminary information, the man was suffering from a psychological disorder.
Forensics teams and other experts visited the crime scene and lifted evidence. The case has been referred to the pertinent authorities.
(Source: Saudi Gazette)
- India extends USD 1 Billion Credit Line for Sri Lanka until March 2024 May 30, 2023
- Cabinet approves resume of the Colombo Light Rail Transit project May 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to implement strict law enforcement against religious disharmony May 30, 2023
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023
- ADB approves $350 Million for Sri Lanka economic stabilization programme May 29, 2023
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya remanded till June 7 May 28, 2023