Sri Lankan maid shot dead in Saudi, killer commits suicide
JEDDAH – A Sri Lankan woman was killed by gunfire in Saudi Arabia Saturday morning. A Saudi man who was accused of opening fire on the woman later committed suicide by shooting himself.
The dead woman was identified as a 42-year-old Sri Lankan who worked as a maid in the man’s household.
Her body was kept in hospital morgue in Al-Ras for further legal procedures, according to informed sources.
Police received information about the incident Saturday morning. They said the Saudi man killed the Sri Lankan maid inside his house in Buraidah with a hunting rifle.
The 30-year-old Saudi later shot himself with the same gun, said Lt. Badar Assahabani, spokesman for Qassim police in a statement.
He said based on preliminary information, the man was suffering from a psychological disorder.
Forensics teams and other experts visited the crime scene and lifted evidence. The case has been referred to the pertinent authorities.
(Source: Saudi Gazette)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Despite signs of stabilization, full economic recovery not yet assured – IMF Mission September 27, 2023
- Sri Lankan President leaves for Germany September 27, 2023
- Trains delayed on coastal line due to derailment near Kollupitiya September 27, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s revenue shortfall concerns IMF team – sources September 27, 2023
- Airman killed, another injured in explosion at Kandakuliya Air Force Training Camp September 26, 2023