Sri Lankan President Gotabaya Rajapaksa informs the Prime Minister that he will resign as notified before
Sri Lankan President Gotabaya Rajapaksa has officially informed Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesinghe that he will be resigning as President as previously announced.
The Prime Minister’s Media Division has confirmed this today (July 11).
President Gotabaya Rajapaksa on Saturday (July 9) informed the Speaker of Parliament Mahinda Yapa Abeywardena that he will resign as President.
The Speaker said the President informed him that he will be stepping down on the 13th of July.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Permission not given to Chinese ship to dock, India’s concerns important: Sabry September 26, 2023
- Sri Lanka squad named for ICC Cricket World Cup 2023 September 26, 2023
- S&P raises Sri Lanka local currency ratings to ‘CCC+/C’, says outlook stable September 26, 2023
- Sri Lanka President expresses dissatisfaction with country’s current education system September 26, 2023
- Chinese model breaks U.S. hegemony: former Sri Lankan diplomat September 26, 2023