Sri Lankans advised against visiting Mahabodhi Temple
The Sri Lankan government advised its citizens against visiting the Mahabodhi Temple in Bihar’s Bodhgaya district of India during the next week.
Athough the target of the bombings in the Mahabodhi Temple was neither Buddhists nor Sri Lankan pilgrims, the Gpvernment advised the Sri Lankans not to visit the Temple during next week due to the ongoing investigations into the series of bomb blasts inside the Temple.
According to Indian media, at least eight explosions in quick succession rocked the Mahabodhi temple complex on Sunday morning, injuring at least five people. Two live bombs had also been discovered in the area.
No Sri Lankans were reported to have been injured in the series of blasts at the Mahabodhi Temple, the government further said.
(Source: Government News Portal)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- UN rights chief raises concerns over Sri Lanka’s proposed laws March 3, 2024
- Sri Lanka seeks five-month hold on bondholder suit March 3, 2024
- Ceylon Electricity Board (CEB) makes thumping Rs. 61.2 billion profits last year March 3, 2024
- Dr. Saman Ratnayake remanded until March 14, 2024 March 2, 2024
- Sri Lanka Air Force celebrates 73rd anniversary March 2, 2024