Sri Lanka’s Environment Ministry placed under the purview of the President
The Ministry of Environment of Sri Lanka has been taken under the purview of Sri Lanka President Ranil Wickremesinghe.
This was announced through a Gazette Extraordinary dated October 12, 2023 which was issued by Presidential Secretary Saman Ekanayake.
The Head of State has arrived at this decision after having consulted Prime Minister Dinesh Gunawardena, pursuant to Article 44(3) of the Constitution, the communique read.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- DIG Nalaka de Silva released from case over alleged VIP assassination plot December 6, 2023
- Pressure grows on UK over British Museum treasures as Netherlands returns major colonial artefacts December 6, 2023
- Police officer takes his own life at Peliyagoda Interchange of Katunayake Expressway December 6, 2023
- Sagala asks officials about progress of Beira Lake Development Project December 6, 2023
- Sri Lanka to receive about $600 million ADB funding post-IMF approval – official December 6, 2023