Sri Lanka’s Nadeesha Dilhani Lekamge wins Asian Games athletics medal after 17 years
Sri Lanka’s Nadeesha Dilhani Lekamge bagged a silver medal in the women’s javelin throw in the Asian Games this evening (October 03).
This is the first time in 17 years that Sri Lanka has won a medal in the Asian Games in Athletics.
Nadeesha Lekamge bagged silver with a personal best throw of 61.57 metres at the ongoing Asian Games championship in Hangzhou, China.
This is Sri Lanka’s first Asian Games medal in Athletics since Susanthika Jayasinghe’s win in 2006.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- DIG Nalaka de Silva released from case over alleged VIP assassination plot December 6, 2023
- Pressure grows on UK over British Museum treasures as Netherlands returns major colonial artefacts December 6, 2023
- Police officer takes his own life at Peliyagoda Interchange of Katunayake Expressway December 6, 2023
- Sagala asks officials about progress of Beira Lake Development Project December 6, 2023
- Sri Lanka to receive about $600 million ADB funding post-IMF approval – official December 6, 2023