Sri Lanka’s total debt is 21 trillion – Vijitha Herath
JVP Parliamentarian Vijitha Herath revealed in Parliament yesterday (January 21) that the total debt of the country is 21 trillion rupees and that most of it has been borrowed during the last few years of the current Government.
He emphasized that the government’s policy today is to steal, borrow and sell.
Although the President had recently stated that he had not taken any loans, Vijitha Herath pointed out that loans worth Rs. 8 trillion have been obtained from the current government.
Vijitha Herath stated that now the people have to call Chinese President Xi Jinping as the father who gave rice (Bath dun piya).
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka moving towards social revolution – Anura December 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka needs US $ 1.4 trillion additional investment to realise SDGs by 2030: IPS study December 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Sports Minister appoints new National Sports Council December 4, 2023
- ‘We quit our stressful public sector jobs to earn £150 a month in Sri Lanka’ December 4, 2023
- Suminda Sirisena passes away December 4, 2023