Sri Lanka’s victorious Cricket, Netball teams and Commonwealth medal winners felicitated
The Sri Lanka Cricket (SLC) has handed over a cheque of USD 500,000 to President Ranil Wickremesinghe as a donation to the Apeksha Hospital (National Cancer Institute).
The cheque was handed over during a felicitation ceremony organised for the Champions of Asia cricket, netball and commonwealth games, which were held at the Cinnamon Lakeside Hotel under the patronage of the President Ranil Wickremesinghe.
During the ceremony, each netball player of the victorious team who won the Asian netball championship received Rs. 2 million from the Sri Lanka Cricket Board.
In addition, Commonwealth silver medalist received Rs. 10 million, bronze medalist Rs. 5 million and coaches 25% from the sports fund.
- Sri Lanka’s Central Bank warns general public over 8 pyramid-type schemes May 31, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar May 31, 2023
- Chinese reaffirms support for Sri Lanka’s economic recovery May 31, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Central Bank to hold rates as inflation stays high May 31, 2023
- Sri Lanka to initiate new online passport application system May 30, 2023
- India extends USD 1 Billion Credit Line for Sri Lanka until March 2024 May 30, 2023
- Cabinet approves resume of the Colombo Light Rail Transit project May 30, 2023