Sri Lanka’s youngest COVID-19 death reported as infant dies
Posted in Local News
Sri Lanka recorded its youngest COVID-19 related death as a 20-day old infant who had contracted the virus passed away at the Lady Ridgeway Hospital today (08).
Health authorities confirmed that the infant had been diagnosed with pneumonia after admitting to the hospital, subsequent PCR test has confirmed that he was infected with COVID-19.
It was further reported that the parents of the infants were tested negative for the virus.
The infant is a resident of Thotalanga, Colombo.
- Five-year-old child found dead with cut injuries from a construction site in Mulleriyawa June 9, 2023
- It is imperative to equip our armed forces with state-of-the-art technologies and capabilities – Defence State Minister June 9, 2023
- ADB provides Sri Lanka access to concessional financing June 9, 2023
- Over 20 injured in bus lorry collision at Hanwella June 9, 2023
- Sri Lanka signs agreement with RM Parks Inc to ensure uninterrupted fuel supply June 8, 2023