SriLankan Flight Damaged In Male In Ground Vehicle Collision
Posted in Local News
SriLankan Airlines flight UL116, which was parked at the Malé International Airport yesterday was damaged when a ground support vehicle collided with the aircraft, SriLankan Airline said in a statement today.
Minor structural damage occurred to the tail section (stabilizer) of the aircraft due to the incident, said SriLankan Airlines.
The SriLankan Engineering team based at the Malé International Airport are currently working round the clock to replace the affected parts and return the aircraft to service, the statement added.
- Cabinet approves resume of the Colombo Light Rail Transit project May 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to implement strict law enforcement against religious disharmony May 30, 2023
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023
- ADB approves $350 Million for Sri Lanka economic stabilization programme May 29, 2023
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya remanded till June 7 May 28, 2023
- Fuel quota to be increased from Tuesday May 28, 2023