State Minister Ranjith Siyambalapitiya injured in road accident
State Minister of Finance Ranjith Siyambalapitiya was admitted to the Karawanella Base Hospital with minor injuries after his vehicle skidded off the road and crashed against a parapet wall at Karawanella area of Ruwanwella on the Kegalle – Avissawella main road.
According to sources the accident took place near his house in the Karawanella area.
A total of 05 people were travelling in the vehicle at the time of the accident.
According to sources, State Minister Siyambalapitiya’s security officer has been hospitalized, owing to sustained injuries in the accident.
The State Minister is also undergoing treatment for minor injuries at the Karawanella Base Hospital.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka President says 42 new laws enacted for economic transformation, 62 laws due for enactment March 5, 2024
- Sri Lanka revises fuel prices from March 05, 2024 March 4, 2024
- Electricity tariff to be reduced by 21.9% from midnight today March 4, 2024
- Court extends enjoining order safeguarding Sarath Fonseka’s positions in SJB until March 19, 2024 March 4, 2024
- Two former Sri Lankan police officers sentenced to death over custodial death March 4, 2024