STF member dies from accidental shooting
Posted in Local News
A police constable serving with the Special Task Force (STF) was killed after being accidentally shot by another officer during a raid carried out in the Ridee Ella Reserve at Bakamuna, Dambulla.
Police said a group of STF personnel were involved in the operation to arrest individuals engaged in illegal timber rackets in the area when the automatic rifle of an office accidentally discharged resulting in the death.
The victim, a resident of Matara, was attached o the Dambulu Oya Special Task Force camp.
- Sri Lanka relaxes import restrictions on over 300 items June 10, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to go ahead with privatising SLT despite ‘NO’ from S.O.C. on National Security June 10, 2023
- Seven Police Narcotics Bureau officers arrested over death of vocational trainer in custody June 9, 2023
- Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security recommends not to privatise Sri Lanka Telecom June 9, 2023
- Sarath Fonseka resigns from Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security June 9, 2023