‘Support Sajith for Presidency and UNF for future Government’ – Ranil
Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesinghe told a gathering of civil society leaders and activists yesterday that everyone should work for the victory of the Presidential candidate of the United National Front to take forward the freedom and democracy restored by the present Government.
He said UNP Deputy Leader Sajith Premadasa had been nominated as the UNF’s candidate for the forthcoming presidential election and emphasized the need to work for the victory of the party’s candidate. Prime Minister Wickremesinghe was addressing a gathering of civil society representatives at ‘Temple Trees’ yesterday.
The Prime Minister argued that if the presidential election can be won then the UNF can win the parliamentary election thereafter to form a majority government.
The Premier went on to say, the present government had given the people the freedom to express their views and restored media freedom and the white van culture had disappeared with the establishment of democratic freedom by the current government.
The Premier requested the civil society representatives to help the UNF to win the upcoming election and safeguard the democratic freedoms won by the present government. Sri Jayewardenepura University Senior Lecturer Ven. Dambara Amila Thera, Ministers Rauff Hakeem and A.H.M Fowzie and a group of Parliamentarians and civil society organization representatives were present at the meeting.
(Source: Daily News)
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka unexpectedly cuts rates by 250 bps as inflation eases June 1, 2023
HE WANTS BE THE LIFE TIME PRIME MINISTER…..VERY CUNNING MAN…
You bum licker Ranil. If you cannot beat him Join him. Which ever I will cry for Sri Lanka my poor wounded country.