Supreme Court dismisses petition against Presidential Election 2019
The Supreme Court has dismissed the petition filed by former Galle Mayor Methsiri De Silva seeking an order invalidating the Gazette notification declaring the Presidential Election 2019.
The petition was filed yesterday (03) citing Elections Commission Chairman Mahinda Deshapriya, the members of the commission and the Attorney General as its respondents.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka imports test kits to detect Nipah virus September 22, 2023
- Import tax on powdered milk increased September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President’s robust economic development program leads to 62.1% drop in inflation – Minister September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President address at the UNGA highlighting Sri Lanka’s journey to rebuild trust and global solidarity September 22, 2023
- Hearing of Danushka Gunathilaka’s case concludes, verdict to be delivered next week September 21, 2023