Suspect arrested for conducing classes on extremist ideologies
Posted in Local News
A suspect who organized extremist classes of Saharan Hashim was arrested by the Terrorist Investigation Unit (TID) in the Hemmatagama area in Mawanella.
The 29-year-old, identified as Mohamed Shahim, is reportedly a resident of Hemmathagama area in Mawanella.
Investigation revealed that the suspect had conducted and organized lessons on radicalism for students on the instructions of Easter Sunday attack mastermind Zahran Hashim.
Earlier, the TID arrested six suspects since January 2021 for committing similar banned activities.
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya remanded till June 7 May 28, 2023
- Fuel quota to be increased from Tuesday May 28, 2023
- India did more for Sri Lanka than IMF – Jaishankar May 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to Issue digital birth certificates May 28, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya arrested over remarks on Buddhism May 28, 2023
- Veteran Diplomat Jayantha Dhanapala passes away May 27, 2023