Take action against PUCSL Chairman – Energy Minister requests President
Power and Energy Minister Kanchana Wijesekera said that he requested President Ranil Wickremesinghe to take action against Chairman of Public Utilities Commission of Sri Lanka (PUCSL) Janaka Rathnayake as he was apparently taking arbitrary decisions without consulting the others in the Commission.
He said that the PUCSL Chairman was trying to push the whole country to the wall to fulfil his narrow personal gains.
“Two Cabinet Papers were presented in November and January to revise the electricity tariff to make it cost-reflective.
The tariff adjustment has been needed to ensure round the clock power supply in the future. Providing an uninterrupted power supply depends on a positive response from the PUCSL.
The PUCSL is a four-member Commission, but the statements of its Chairman’s only reflect his personal opinions.
He may have a political agenda, other hidden motives or he may even be doing a contract for another person. This is wrong,” he commented.
(Source: Daily News)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Creditor nations likely to agree on Sri Lanka debt restructuring – report November 29, 2023
- Netherlands returns six looted colonial-era artefacts to Sri Lanka November 29, 2023
- Sri Lanka needs $100 billion to become net zero emitter by 2040, president says November 29, 2023
- 40 Government hospitals in Sri Lanka closed and another 100 about to close November 28, 2023
- October sees 20% decline in apparel exports from Sri Lanka November 28, 2023