Ten new Ambassadors and High Commissioners in Colombo
Onlanka News – By Janaka Alahapperuma
(Pix by: Sudath Silva)
Ten (10) new Ambassadors and High Commissioners handed over their credentials to President Mahinda Rajapaksa at the President’s office on Friday 05th November.
Accordingly eight (8) new Ambassadors from Switzerland, Norway, Mongolia, Cambodia, Mexico, Oman, Peru and Vietnam and two (2) new High Commissioners from Pakistan and Cyprus handed over their credentials at the ceremony.
External Affairs Minister Prof G.L. Peiris and Secretary to the President Lalith Weerathunga were present. The new diplomats are in Colombo as follows
01. Ms. Seema Illahi Baloch – High Commissioner, Islamic Republic of Pakistan
02. Mr. Thomas Litscher – Ambassador, Switzerland.
03. Ms. Hilde Haraldstad – Ambassador, Kingdom of Norway.
04. Mr. Voroshilov Enkhbold – Ambassador, Mongolia.
05. Mrs. Yous Makana – Ambassador, Kingdom of Cambodia.
06. Mr. Jaime Virgilio Nualart Sanchez, Ambassador – Mexico.
07. Mr. Sheikh Humaid Bin Ali Bin Sultan, Ambassador-Sultanate of Oman.
08. Mr. Javier Paulinich – Ambassador – Republic of Peru.
09. Ms. Nafsika Chr. Krousti – High Commissioner, Republic of Cyprus.
10. Mr. Nguyen Thanh Tan – Ambassador, Socialist Republic of Vietnam.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- SriLankan Airlines partners with Virgin Australia September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to launch campaigns to attract 1.5 million tourists – proposal to create non-sleeping cities September 28, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka found not guilty of sexual intercourse without consent September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Ministry of Defence announces updates to licensing conditions for private security agencies September 27, 2023
- Despite signs of stabilization, full economic recovery not yet assured – IMF Mission September 27, 2023