Ten STF officers contract coronavirus: Three STF camps isolated
Three camps of the Police Special Task Force (STF) have been isolated after a group of STF personnel attached to the VIP security Unit have been contracted with COVID-19, STF Commandant DIG Waruna Jayasundara said.
Reportedly, they had recently visited the Peliyagoda Fish Market where a COVID-19 outbreak was detected.
They had been identified as infected while undergoing quarantine at quarantine centers.
The 10 officers reportedly serve attached to the Kelaniya, Kalubowila, and Rajagiriya camps of the STF.
All personnel at the camps have been directed for PCR testing.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Permission not given to Chinese ship to dock, India’s concerns important: Sabry September 26, 2023
- Sri Lanka squad named for ICC Cricket World Cup 2023 September 26, 2023
- S&P raises Sri Lanka local currency ratings to ‘CCC+/C’, says outlook stable September 26, 2023
- Sri Lanka President expresses dissatisfaction with country’s current education system September 26, 2023
- Chinese model breaks U.S. hegemony: former Sri Lankan diplomat September 26, 2023