Teplitz is new U.S. Ambassador to Sri Lanka
The United States Senate has approved the appointment of Alaina B. Teplitz as new US ambassador to Sri Lanka and the Maldives.
Teplitz joined the US Foreign Service in 1991. She has held a number of positions in the US Foreign Service in Australia, Albania and Mongolia. She was a Program Analyst at the Center for Administrative Innovation from 2001-02, and has also been attached to the US embassy in Dhaka from 2002-04. She is currently the US ambassador in Kathmandu, Nepal.
At the time she was nominated by former President Barack Obama to become Ambassador to Nepal, she was Director of the Office of Management Policy, Rightsizing and Innovation at the State Department.
(Source: Daily News)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka imports test kits to detect Nipah virus September 22, 2023
- Import tax on powdered milk increased September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President’s robust economic development program leads to 62.1% drop in inflation – Minister September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President address at the UNGA highlighting Sri Lanka’s journey to rebuild trust and global solidarity September 22, 2023
- Hearing of Danushka Gunathilaka’s case concludes, verdict to be delivered next week September 21, 2023