Teplitz is new U.S. Ambassador to Sri Lanka
Posted in Local News
The United States Senate has approved the appointment of Alaina B. Teplitz as new US ambassador to Sri Lanka and the Maldives.
Teplitz joined the US Foreign Service in 1991. She has held a number of positions in the US Foreign Service in Australia, Albania and Mongolia. She was a Program Analyst at the Center for Administrative Innovation from 2001-02, and has also been attached to the US embassy in Dhaka from 2002-04. She is currently the US ambassador in Kathmandu, Nepal.
At the time she was nominated by former President Barack Obama to become Ambassador to Nepal, she was Director of the Office of Management Policy, Rightsizing and Innovation at the State Department.
(Source: Daily News)
- Sri Lanka appointed Special parliamentary committee to probe New Diamond, X-Press Pearl disasters June 6, 2023
- Cabinet approves proposal to reduce Maximum Retail Prices of 60 types of medicine June 6, 2023
- Two officers of Agrarian Service Centre arrested for soliciting a bribe June 6, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s LGBTQ+ community holds Pride march, demands end to discrimination June 5, 2023
- India’s first international cruise from Chennai to Sri Lanka to be flagged off today June 5, 2023
- ‘Sandahiru Seya Charity Trust’ donates Dialysis Machine to Anuradhapura Hospital June 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka records lowest tourism monthly income of US$ 132 Million in May June 5, 2023
Hope this lady will not be another ‘Atul Kashype’!
This lady was instrumental in bring about constitutional changes in Nepal, where she served as Ambassador prior to the Colombo posting.