The former Director of Agriculture says rice can be sold at Rs.140
There is a possibility of selling a kilo of rice for Rs.140, former Director of Agriculture K.B. Gunaratne said.
Attending a press conference held in Kandy yesterday (July 04), he said that if the government and the Paddy Marketing Board intervene properly, a kilo of rice can be sold for Rs.140.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka pays off $200 million loan from Bangladesh with $4.5 million interest September 24, 2023
- Bar Association of Sri Lanka demands withdrawal of Anti-Terrorism and Online Safety Bills September 24, 2023
- Malaysian Police tracking down two Sri Lankan triple murder suspects September 23, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Agriculture Minister explores opportunities to export eggs and chicken September 23, 2023
- Stability should not come at the sacrifice of values of freedom of expression: U.S. Ambassador September 23, 2023