The risk of a third wave of COVID-19 is nearby – Sajith
Opposition Leader Sajith Premadasa says that the COVID-19 pandemic is spreading further due to the short-sighted decisions taken by the government to control the COVID-19 pandemic.
He was speaking to the media when he visited the Sri Sugatha Maha Viharaya in Anuradhapura yesterday to receive blessings.
Premadasa also said that people are at risk of a third wave when the second wave of the COVID-19 pandemic is not yet under control.
Premadasa also accused the government of dragging the country’s farmers to a state of complete destruction.
Meanwhile, commenting on rice price control, he said that the rulers were issuing gazette notifications without understanding the reality on the ground.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Creditor nations likely to agree on Sri Lanka debt restructuring – report November 29, 2023
- Netherlands returns six looted colonial-era artefacts to Sri Lanka November 29, 2023
- Sri Lanka needs $100 billion to become net zero emitter by 2040, president says November 29, 2023
- 40 Government hospitals in Sri Lanka closed and another 100 about to close November 28, 2023
- October sees 20% decline in apparel exports from Sri Lanka November 28, 2023