They’ll come back to UNP: Dayasiri
UNPers who were contesting independently for various local bodies at the upcoming local government election would ultimately end up in the party fold once again, UNP MP Dayasiri Jayasekera yesterday said.
“They will not leave the party at all,” he said at a news conference yesterday responding to a question raised by the media as to why some members of the party were going separately.
Mr. Jayasekera explained that the situation was same with the UPFA as well as some of its members who had lost the party ticket had fielded separate lists.
He said both UNP and UPFA members who had lost nominations from their respective parties were contesting together for some local bodies together.
He also charged that several government ministers who called Milinda Moragoda names once were considering him a hero. “These ministers have gone to the extent of thanking Mr. Moragoda for deciding to contest from the UPFA ticket,” he added.
Courtesy: DM Online
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- SriLankan Airlines partners with Virgin Australia September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to launch campaigns to attract 1.5 million tourists – proposal to create non-sleeping cities September 28, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka found not guilty of sexual intercourse without consent September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Ministry of Defence announces updates to licensing conditions for private security agencies September 27, 2023
- Despite signs of stabilization, full economic recovery not yet assured – IMF Mission September 27, 2023