Three arrested for torching Sri Lankan President’s private residence
Three suspects have been arrested for breaking into President Ranil Wickramasinghe’s private residence and setting fire to it on the 13th of July.
After the investigations carried out by the Criminal Investigation Department (CID), the three suspects were arrested last night (August 01) in Piliyandala and Narahenpita areas.
The suspects, aged 18 and 22, are residents of Madapatha and Colombo 05.
The CID is conducting further investigations.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka to launch campaigns to attract 1.5 million tourists – proposal to create non-sleeping cities September 28, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka found not guilty of sexual intercourse without consent September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Ministry of Defence announces updates to licensing conditions for private security agencies September 27, 2023
- Despite signs of stabilization, full economic recovery not yet assured – IMF Mission September 27, 2023
- Sri Lankan President leaves for Germany September 27, 2023