No more holidays for state employees on Fridays
Posted in Local News
The Cabinet of Ministers has approved a proposal to immediately cancel the circular issued to grant state sector employees a holiday on Fridays.
Accordingly, the circular will be rolled back with immediate effect, considering the fact that public transport services are now returning to normalcy.
State sector employees were also encouraged to engage in agricultural activities on Fridays as a remedy to the impending food scarcity.
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka unexpectedly cuts rates by 250 bps as inflation eases June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s key inflation rate eases to 25.2% in May June 1, 2023
- Fuel prices revised in Sri Lanka May 31, 2023